09 February 2014

Music and the Spoken Word

I just watched my brother in his first 'Music and the Spoken Word'.

I had a bit of heckling from the peanut gallery...it started when I was getting happy about the trumpets that were making a joyful noise for me at the beginning of the broadcast...and then...

This is the 1st time that I saw him on screen...


A bit of heckling when I paused for a second picture...this is the 2nd time I saw him on screen...


At my next pausing...there was a sigh...and the question, "What's with the fingers?"  I responded, "It's the third time he's on screen..."  And then, some rolling of eyes back there on the couch...


Pausing for the 4th time...he asked if I was going to do this every time...I said, you don't understand...


More heckling from the peanut gallery sitting on the couch...and the question, "What are you going to do if he's on again?  How will you do six?"  I said neveryouworryaboutthat...  (and then, in my head, i worried about that...)


There was a sixth time!  In the never ending 'AMEN' song....I paused...I said, "I need your finger over here!"  He said, "Nope.  I'm sitting down over here."  I sighed.  Then got my little stylus thingy...because it was right there...and I pointed him out...


And then...I listened to 'Amen' over and over and over...which is tricky for someone with a short attention span.

Anyway...he did it!  He had his first 'Music and the Spoken Word' performance.


And I am proud of him.  And happy for him.

And I told Doug wasn't he excited about further performances and General Conferences?

(i was kidding about that...but he is wondering...)

Good job Dan.  Even though my pictures don't show it, you looked good.  And you're not one of the goofy singers...and...what I want to know is this: 
Does Brother Wilberg sing while he's leading the music or is he just mouthing the words?  And if he is singing, then what part does he sing?  Melody?  Tenor?  Bass?  Whatever he wants?

4 comments:

Skinzer said...

Wish I would have known, I could have seen him too :-) Thank you for the vicarious help here. I love you

Barbara said...

I got to see his performance 3 times (twice in the Tabernacle and then again at home) and he was beautiful each time.

Anonymous said...

I was sitting RIGHT below the picture frame!!!!!

Stayed for some of the practice afterwards, they didn't say we had to leave??

It was wonderful, would you like a copy of the program?

Thank you for the photos, it was great to see him mopping his face afterwards, the lady sitting next to me gave me her program, figured I'd like it after I mopped mine.

Kathlene said...

actually look into ASL .. the #'s 1-10 are all made using just one hand. It was a delight to watch him. Congrats to him and his.